Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bagel Day

We made bagels last tuesday. I realise this is quite late, but I was lazy to switch on my comp for the last few days, haha. Looks pretty huh, haha. But don't be deceived! It was fun to make, but the bagels didn't turn out great =( The cream cheese saved the day, in my opinion. Oh! Chan brought rhubarb and ginger jam from M&S, it was pretty cool. Gingery, mostly. I couldn't really taste rhubarb, so I still don't know what rhubarb tastes like. Wouldn't advise you to buy it though haha. I still prefer the more traditional jam flavours.

Rows of bagels waiting to be boiled then baked. They looked quite cute on the tray, so uniform! And shaping the bagels are quite fun =) just that it's hard to keep them perfect looking!
Boiling the bagels. Apparently this makes them chewier on the inside, and better at the crust, but all it did was make our bagels ugly =(
The bagels from hell.
Haha, nah, they weren't that bad =) But we forgot salt, so it was really tasteless. And really super duper chewy, in the rip-with-your-teeth sense of the word. I have no idea why the bagels were so tough. Oh well, if we ever try this again, we definitely need a different recipe. Lucky they still look cute in the photos. And lucky there were three of us (chan came too), cos then we only had to take back 3 bagels each, hahaha.

No comments: