Saturday, July 14, 2007

Portraits from MAAD July

We went to check out MAAD July last weekend (7th and 8th), the one that Maddy advertised. And as we went on Sunday, there were artists from the Organisation of Illustrators Council drawing portraits. So we decided to get ours drawn =D While I would say that they were all great artists, I wouldn't say they were all good at portraits. I know I can't draw for peanuts and so should prob not comment, and I'm not saying that they can't draw, but most gave us very generic faces that didn't look like us at all. Well, you can see for yourself below. And our photo's on the sidebar, so you can see that i'm not exaggerating. But at 8bucks a portrait of your choice, I'd say it's pretty cheap. They should be there next month as well, and probably as regulars, so go check it out =)
Maddy's the only one who got drawn in the left picture cos I wasn't facing her. It was a pretty good drawing too =( Well, anyway, she bought this one =) You can see how we totally don't look like us in the right picture, and I (on the left) look kinda like a guy. We look like the starring characters of primary school Moral Education textbooks! Well, but he did make a lot of effort colouring in the background. And our hair's not bad.
Another one that totally doesn't look like us, but she didn't mean for it to so it's alright. It's cute that she got our clothes right. This one's cute though not very exciting, and feels like we could colour it in. Maddy bought this too =)I think this one got the closest, but still isn't that close? The bottom halves of our faces aren't really correct, but the top halves do feel like us. I look manly here and Maddy looks evil, haha. It's done in watercolours, which is pretty cool. I bought this one, cos it resembled us the most, and the artist was the cutest, hahaha.Um, we look like really old here. And I don't mean mature old, I mean elderly.
We look like transvestites.
This looked artistic but doesn't really feel like us at all. Watercolours too. It reminds me of that artistic who made all his subjects short and round, who was he again?

Have you noticed how all the drawings have a very Singaporean style and feel? I wonder if it's because the artists are Singaporean or because the subjects are Singaporean?

No comments: