Friday, March 6, 2009

I could see all 7 colours, seriously!

I've never seen such a huge rainbow in my life, and it could have been bigger in the photo except that i didn't want to step out into the drizzle. Of course, i tweaked the photo a little to make the colours more obvious, because grey isn't really the best background for these ephemeral things. But the moment was magical, and even more so because it only lasted long enough for me to take this picture. It started fading away in a matter of minutes.

I find it very strange that something so pretty can only be seen in such grey skies (not even dark stormy grey, just a very mild grey). The combination doesn't seem ideal. Is the muted effect supposed to accent its evanescence? I bet something very philosophical could be made out of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow everyone saw this rainbow... was it the thursday one?

maddy and eggy said...

nope, this was last sunday (not yest). at vivocity. i just hadn't uploaded the photos into my comp.