Thursday, July 5, 2007

Italian Orange Biscuits

Italian Orange Biscuits from Sophie Braimbridge's Simply Italian. I made these last night =) Haha, change one letter and she's brainbridge! Baking alone at night is so therapeutic. Nothing too complicated of course, not after a long day. Something easy and organised. Did I mention that this is a one-bowl recipe? And non-sticky dough? I love it =) And orange smells so fantastic baking! But while it's tiring, it's still sort of relaxing at the same time, you know? And it makes the whole house smells so nice at night =D I mean sure, it smells great during the day too, but it just ain't the same.

My first time with semolina, I was excited! A little dry, but it's alright for a tea biscuit. Needs a little more sugar too, for me at least. Maybe light icing. But what I really like about these are that they are crunchy cookies! I've been looking for a good crunchy orange biscuit recipe for years. While this may not be as buttery as other recipes, the crunch makes up for a lot. A lil more experimenting, things can be worked out!

A step closer to Crabtree & Evelyn's Butter Orange Cookies!! They're my absolute favouritest cookie in the whole wide world! Honestly, I may be little miss fickle, but they are definitely no 1 on my cookie love list. Oh, to be able to bake those citrus-y slices of heaven *swoons*

4 comments:

maddy and eggy said...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

haha

maddy and eggy said...

no idea what that was about.

maddy and eggy said...

we need to change the fucking playlist. that song is driving me crazy. not in a good way.

maddy and eggy said...

you're online? haha, i'd go on, but it's pretty late. so, i'll just see you tmr, haha.