Thursday, July 5, 2007

Apricot Raisin Oatmeal Scones

Another recipe from "Mom's Big Book of Baking" with simple foolproof recipes. I wanted to do something with the leftover dried apricots from the Fruity Tooty You Tea Party. So I diced them up and added them to an Oatmeal Scone recipe I found in my birthday baking book.


Now, let me introduce you Larry. He's an apricot raisin oatmeal scone, with 2 burnt raisins for eyes, and half a cashew nut for a mouth. He enjoys reading, cycling and long walks along the beach. He's a happy guy, most of the time.

He gets sad when people eat him...

I have no idea if oatmeal scones are supposed to look like this...I've never had an oatmeal scone. My oatmeal scones look like chinese pork buns.

Thankfully, they looked like normal scones on the inside, and tasted and smelt like real scones!

No comments: