Saturday, April 21, 2007

feeling quietly happy

Went to Menotti for breakfast today with my BSF group, the restaurant I've been wanting to try. No pictures to offer, but the American Breakfast set was pretty good, and quite reasonable at $6.90+++. Comes with eggs in your preferred style, this grilled bread thing, sauteed mushrooms (=D!!!), ham, salad, coffee/tea. Not too large a portion either, that would leave you too stuffed. Well, apparently their lunch and dinners are pretty good, Italian food, so let's go soon Maddy!

Next up, a couple of cool things I just got! Met Kat for dinner on Tuesday, and look what she and Kevin got me!I didn't know they sold button badges like this around here! And I absolutely love the cartoony Queen one! (Hehheh, Kat's pick right?) Thanks so much you guys!!!

And I bought a couple of books at a book sale. Got one a few weeks ago, and got another one today at the same sale, haha. $3 books are simply irresistible! Bitter with Baggage Seeks Same by Sloane Tanen is a really funny book, with great pictures. Although it's quite short (I finished it on the train ride home from Dhoby Ghaut, which you all know is pretty darned short), it's a really great buy. I first saw it on notmartha I think, never expecting to see it here in Singapore. But who knew! Click for larger pictures so you can read it. Subtitle for the last picture: Caroline's eggs hadn't even hatched and already Victor's eyes were wandering.

Home Sweet Home by Lauren White. This book has very pretty illustrations, but my first thought was "call this a book??". In fact, it isn't actually a book (minimal words), but a picture book. In Maddy's words, "eh, I also can draw this lor". But after taking a closer look at it, and reading it a few more times, I'm quite glad I got it after all. Maddy, your book's with me, but I think you'll be glad too, haha. It's very simple, but pretty. Maddy could probably draw these too, but here it is all nicely wrapped in a book, haha.
So anyway, if you feel like it, go check out Carrefour's book sale at Plaza Singapura. There's still another 3 days before they close the sale and they've moved it up to the first floor. There are a lot of strange books in there, like about acing job interviews in a week, self help, dating disasters (we got this for Bern), Buffy the Vampire Slayer tributes etc, but oddly enough also nice little treasures like these.

1 comment:

maddy and eggy said...

i want those buttons dude!!!

anyway, i'm back from KL. :D THe most exciting thing that happened was my celeb sighting of denise keller and colby, and also this car that overturned on the highway JUST as our taxi was beside it. o_o

i'm feeling LOUDLY happy. we need to catch up!