Saturday, February 10, 2007

the feeling of jazz =)

Made Pomegranate-Cherry Soft Serve Ice Cream yesterday at work! Exciting right! Did you know that 7-11's Mr Softee is made by Marigold?? I never knew! It's actually pomegranate-raspberry because the cherry flavour was really awful, like cough syrup, but no one should know, haha.

After many rounds of testing different pomegranate and raspberry flavours (in juice) however, I've concluded that pomegranate and raspberry each just have that cough syrup taste. A lot better than cherry, but undeniably cough syrupy =p The ice cream tasted okay I guess, but I don't think it'd be very popular, haha. Can't beat the chendol flavour.

Here you can see Mrs Yap (my i/c) working the machine.

The finished product! Looks quite nice right? =D My dad said it looked like Elvis, so here's another photo, haha.



It was very simple making the mix, so using the machine was really the highlight. Kept trying to make pretty swirls =) But eh, I tell you guys, you can't eat too much of this soft-serve. I always thought it was okay, cos like, so soft, so must be very watery right? But no! There's a lot of palm oil (to make it creamy) and sugar that goes in it! Before using the machine we had to taste the mix and flavour it, and man, it was crazy sweet! I already have quite a sweet tooth right, so if I thought it was unbearably sweet, it must be quite bad. Dunno why it becomes okay when frozen. And the other girl told me that palm oil has a lot of saturated fats, so it's bad for you. Another thing that pretended to be healthy, cos you know, compared to butter oil palm oil sounds so much better >=(

On another note, anyone interested in Mosaic Music Festival's Live at the Duke's Place - The Music of Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong? We must hurry to book, only $60 (stud price) tix are the cheapest left! And the orchestra's gonna be conducted by Duke Ellington's grandson, Paul Mercer Ellington, how cute right!

2 comments:

maddy and eggy said...

AMAZING!!!!! ICE CREAM FACTORY!!!!!!
EXCLAIM EXCLAIM!!!!!

maddy and eggy said...

i look forward to seeing pomegranate-cherry at 7-11...