Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Heart


It's not that I'm in love with anyone in particular right now, and neither is it that anyone in particular is in love with me (not that i'm aware of), but i saw this thing on someone's livejournal while blog surfing and i thought it was pretty...um...thought-provoking? And decided that it was blog-worthy. Aiya, whatever, just read it. I like, "as we all know, the heart is the centre of the body, but it beats on the left, maybe that's why the heart is not always right."


During long quiet car rides, my mind always wanders. Sometimes I think about things like love and how relationships can be so complicated (not so much from personal experience, but from observations of other people's relationships). And how some relationships can really mess up lives. And how common it is nowadays for relationships to fail and marriages to end. And then I feel so lucky that my parents are still together and more or less quite happy and peaceful. I think it's amazing how they've been with each other for so long. I probably don't give them enough credit for that. It's difficult enough finding the right partner, then you have to date, and like each other enough to get married, and then have kids, and do adult things like earn money and buy houses and pay taxes. On top of that, you have to deal with good-for-nothing siblings, unreasonable bosses and angsty kids who will never like you enough.  All this while trying to make sure that you're doing the right thing; and trying not to think about "what happens if i'm making all the wrong decisions?" etc, etc. Okay, I think I am rambling. Shall stop here.

No comments: