Friday, November 28, 2008

Sigur Ros



Talking about HMV purchases, I am totally loving my new cd. Sigur Ros' new album Með suð í eyrum við spilum end , translated as "with a buzz in our ears we play endlessly". Indecipherable icelandic lyrics but totally magical and beautiful nonetheless. They really nail that bittersweet thing that I like, sorrowful melodies that are strangely uplifting. Perfect soundtrack for some kind of discovery channel documentary with graceful birds gliding across open skies, wild animals galloping across wide plains, schools of exotic fish swimming in the ocean...you know, a magnificent mother earth type thing. The video above is for the song Ára bátur which is pretty classic. It gets really heart-bursting from about 7:00 onward. They oddly kinda remind me of a more ethereal, subdued, less angsty Muse. I think it's the falsetto.

I just found a full stream of their band documentary Heima on google videos. Will watch it soon...right after my last 2 exams. (Theory application: Self-reinforcement occurs whenever someone has control over a reinforcer but delays it until a self-set goal has been completed)

No comments: