Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm No Superman...

Its midway through the exam week. And with numbing terms like amortization of discount on bonds payable, paid-in capital from treasury stock transactions, Hungarian method and Criterion of Realism running through my head, I find myself turning to old favourites like Scrubs to keep me going. One of those shows where I absolutely love every single character and the relationship dynamics...


And yeah, egg, remember I was trying to describe some random character to you? Like the random guy that appears in some episodes? He's balding and wears a suit? I'm referring to this guy, Theodore Buckland, the hospital attourney.

On another note, I've been listening to some Imogen Heap recently. I've always had the songs in my computer (she's a favourite on the O.C.) and I've never recently listened to her properly. Well her songs have been on repeat the past few days and I realised how much I really the spacey-ness and echoey-ness of her voice. Plus, she has interesting lyrics that I can identify with -- always a plus! I really like Hide & Seek and Speeding cars. I think my bro intro-ed me to Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek some time ago but since it was HIM who introduced the song to me, I just ignored him because his music taste is kinda questionable.

Hide and Seek

where are we?
what the hell is going on?
the dust has only just begun to fall
crop circles in the carpet

hide and seek
trains and sewing machines
all those years
they were here first

oily marks appear on walls
where pleasure moments hung before the takeover,
the sweeping insensitivity of this still life

ransom notes keep falling out your mouth
mid-sweet talk, newspaper word cut outs
speak no feeling no i don't believe you
you don't care a bit,
you don't care a bit
Speeding Cars

Here's the day you hoped would never come
Don't feed me violence
just run with me through rows of speeding cars.
The papercuts the cheating lovers
The coffee's never strong enough
i know you think it's more than just bad luck

There there baby
it's just text book stuff
it's in the ABC of growing up
Now now darling
oh don't lose your head
cause none of us were angels
and you know I love you yeah

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

maddy - check this out, if you haven't already! one of my favourite so-you-think-you-can-dance dances, to imogen heap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CO1BEw7rx6M

maddy and eggy said...

oh he's the lawyer!! you shoulda said! he has an acapella grp with all the other lawyers, rmb??