Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hypothesis testing: H0, H1

Reporting back on this mysterious phenomenon:

Same said flower an hour later - its petals are obviously tinged with pink around the edges. Interesting, it turns pink not from the inside out, but the outside in.This flower, still attached, was photographed at around the same time. Evidently being plucked slows down the colour change. Hmm, or could it be the sunlight? So mysterious!This is a day-old (i think) bloom, it just gets a darker and darker pink as it goes on. A picture of the yet-to-blooms just to round things off. It's a curious plant, either growing really tall or staying really low like a bush. We have both types.

Anyway, following this I decided to take a (very rare) walk around my garden and check out the other flowers. I'm surprised! Quite a lot of blooms! And they look so cheerful! Got to keep an eye out for them in the future. Here's a few:A flower after my own heart, it prefers the shade.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's a tissue paper, RIGHT?!

maddy and eggy said...

my gosh, i only JUST saw your comment! and no, it's really a flower!!! from my garden!!