Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Singapore!

Well, it seems like everyone felt like cooking today. My brother made his crab cakes, my aunt cooked dong po rou (i don't know what it is, but i like it!), and my other aunt made orange-chocolate marble cake. I love swirly cakes, somehow swirls just look so much prettier on cake! And after yesterday's cedele cupcake, I felt like having more orange icing, so the less prettily swirled cupcakes got a layer =) This must be the season for fantastic oranges or something, it's super sweet and just-slightly-tart, my favourite kind!

And I was productive too. I made myself a new back-to-school pencil case with cute fabric from my grandma's scrap stash =) I think the lining's really cute, haha. Note to anyone doing this for the first time, don't sew too close to the zipper, because although it looks really neat, the fabric will get caught when zipping and unzipping. I had to rip out my very first attempt due to this =(

No comments: