Monday, May 21, 2007

Camembert bread that I made yesterday! The recipe originally called for Roquefort, but I decided that was a little too hardcore for my family, haha. This camembert is some liquid cheese that my uncle brought back from his office, some Japanese manufacturers gave it to him as a sample. While it was very conveniently softened already, it wasn't stinky enough for me, hahaha. Much too mild, must be the japanese thing.

But lovely lovely texture and density with this bread, I'm not sure if it's because of the creamy cheese or because I kneaded it more this time round. But it was really good! It's almost all gone. And it has a fantastic crust, crusty but not hard, because I left a pan of water in the oven with the baking bread. Okay, you can spot a lil burnt bottom, but it was just this loaf i promise, haha, the other two were fine. I got kinda engrossed in my book =p

I still prefer my cheese on top of my bread rather than mixed in, but this one tastes pretty good with olive oil. Don't know if I'll make it again though, unless it's more free cheese. Cos it seems like it'd be quite a waste of good quality cheese.
Today's baking session: Cinnamon Streusel Orange Muffins from allrecipes.com. But my streusel isn't the same colour as hers =( possibly because I forgot about the sugar till after rubbing in the butter and tried to mix it in, hahaha. But it still tastes great anyway =) The orange flavour isn't enough though, I can't really taste it at all actually. I always like my orange stuff very strong, cos it's one of my favourite flavours. Maybe add zest the next time round. But it's a so-so muffin, and it's not just the texture (i overmixed slightly). I'll give it one more go, see if the recipe's worth keeping. After all, it's very quick to make, the orange juicing being the most time consuming bit. And the streusel top makes it very satisfying because it looks pretty and tastes so good =)

No comments: