Friday, April 13, 2007

Far Coast

Far Coast is this funky little cafe at the bottom of International Building (i think, between Palais Renaissance and Shaw House). The place rings with 'Holiday Getaway' vibes, and stepping into the place is like entering a pseudo-exotic beach cafe. I love how they decorated the place with comfy couches, random throws and colourful mismatched pillows, and a rojak of various rattan chairs, faux-wood tables and stools. The decor is so welcoming and inviting I almost felt like taking my shoes off and just napping on the couch.

I seem to be having alot of scones these days, enough to become a scone aficionado. This scone was particularly crumbly and chockfull of juicy raisins, which is always a good thing. They were generous with the whipped cream and the jam was authentic. Not the sickeningly, artificially sweet sort. One day, I'll have to try baking my first batch of scones.



Parmesan mushroom wrap. Tasted very asian, almost like a popiah. They even had sliced taupok in the filling. Skin tasted suspiciously like roti prata.

Anyway, the trademark of this place is the coffee, but I stupidly forgot to take a photo of my cuppa. They have a whole variety of beans for us to choose from. Unfortunately, I don't really know the difference the beans and randomly picked the one with the fanciest name - which I can no longer recall.

No comments: