Friday, March 23, 2007

Royal Copenhagen...and bringing sexy back!

Firstly, I must apologise for the blurry pics...forgot to bring my digicam along so we had to take the snapshots with my phone :/

And I must also apologise for what I believe is about to be a very crappy and slipshod commentary. Been absolutely lazy these days and I guess a picture says a thousand words. (I know...it's a lame excuse for lazyass people who can't be bothered to write properly)



Anyway, Royal Copenhagen is this curious tea lounge place on level-two of Taka. Yes! The department store! It's tucked away in the secluded corner, right next to Burberry.

Food aside, the fancy tableware was definitely very impressive. I think posh would be the word. Fancy plates, teapots, cups, sugarcups...everything!



O, Behold!

A quaint winter scene....

...a quirky Ikea mug!




So we ordered a pair of scones. Not the greatest around. Crappy synthetic jam. A major plus point was the the butter. Look closely at the picture below...the butter comes finely sliced and rolled up perfectly into a...roll. :D


Then we had a Lemon Cheesecake, which was much more satisfactory than the lackluster scones. Note: The plate looks familiar doesn't it? I just realised how crappy the photos are. The cake doesn't look remotely appetizing.


Anyway, on the whole, the experience there was not all that great. Maybe we went at a bad timing. We had to put up with loud taitais who find it necessary to scream into the handphones or at each other, and young mothers who can't control their wailing kids. The lady who served us was creepy...taking good service to a whole new robotic level :p

Here's a treat:


Well, happy belated St Patrick's Day and an early Easter! We're bringing sexy baaAAaack!!

It's scary how the long school break has turned me into such a bum...

...but i like it! Haha.

No comments: