Sunday, June 24, 2007

Scottish Musical Groups

This post was originally gonna be an introduction to the cute Scottish band The Fratellis, but upon further research on Wikipedia, I came across the list for "Scottish musical groups" and realised, to my amazement, that I recognised quite a number of the bands on the list! I've also come to the conclusion that Scottish groups (the ones that I know of, that is) can be pretty split up into 2 musical genres -- infectious head-bobbing poprock and spacey ambient electronic.

I'm putting up the imeem playlists I created here because of the feedback I've recently received that the youtube videos take too darn long to load. Alot of the imeem songs are 30-second samples, so if you like a particular song, go search for it on YouTube.

First up, musical samples from the infectious head-bobbing poprock genre (Wikipedia also calls this "post-punk revival" *nods*).I really like Chelsea Dagger and Whistle for the Choir.



Next up, musical samples from the spacey ambient electronic genre. And no, Boards of Canada is NOT from Canada. *points to blogpost title...Scottish!* Check out their myspace profile for more music. Very trippy stuff that works better with headphones.

No comments: